The Inter-Library Loan service gives OUC students, faculty and staff access to material from other libraries which is not held by OUC Library. It covers all kinds of printed or other
materials, including books, theses, and journals
- To make a request, please complete an interlibrary request form.
- Usually the average turnaround time for obtaining material through ILL is 1-2 weeks. Requests sent internationally usually take considerably longer.
- Interlibrary request forms are available from the Reference counter
of Information Circulation Unit in the Library office (2nd floor).
You can apply for an inter-library loan on-line.
Costs can be charged to a research expenses or paid for personally. Payment is required once your request has been filled. The fee for an Inter-Library Loan request is as follows:
- Requests may be made through Internet by completing the form. Only requests from on-campus are acceptable.
Online Application Form （for Professors）｜（for Students）
- From off-campus, you can apply by an E-mail to lib-sanko＠office.otaru-uc.ac.jp, accompanied by an
interlibrary request form which is downloadable from the following:
Copy articles ill_kyoin_c_en.rtf (16KB) ／
Loan materials ill_kyoin_l_en.rtf (16KB)
Copy articles ill_gakusei_c_en.rtf (20KB) ／
Loan materials ill_gakusei_l_en.rtf (20KB)
||10 to 60 yen /sheet + postage
||Postage +handling fees.
The costs depend on the weight and distance the parcel will travel.
You can request materials to
The British Library Document Supply Centre (BLDSC)anduniversity
libraries in Korea (Libraries participating in the tentative service of Korea-Japan ILL/DD).
The British Library Document Supply Centre (BLDSC)
|BLDSC (available for the faculty and staff only)
||2,315 yen /article
||3,953 yen /book
University libraries in Korea
For full details about the service of Korea-Japan ILL, please
refer to this page→About participation in the tentative service of Korea-Japan ILL/DD
|From Korea (photocopy only)
||100 yen /request
||10 yen or more /page
||It varies according to the volume of the materials/shipping method
By airmail： 300−2,500 yen.
By EMS (Express Mail Service)： 900 〜 3,000 yen