|開講学期／Semester||2015年度／Academic Year 前期／Spring Semester|
|開講曜限／Class period||月/Mon 1|
|配当年次／Years||2年 , 3年 , 4年|
|更新日／Date of renewal||2015/02/09|
／Course Objectives and method
- To increase students' confidence and fluency in communicating in English
- To develop students' listening & writing skills.
- To make students' familiar with English in business contexts.
The focus is on language fluency. Students should participate fully in the class and use only English to communicate. The class activities aim to be as interesting and relevant as possible to student life and study.
- Task-based learning using business-related activities - interviews, discussions, role-plays.
- Each week for homework students write an essay on the previous class topic (200 words).
- During the course students work in small groups to devise their own company, which they present to the rest of the class at the end of the course and persuade the audience to join it as new recruits.
- Most project preparation is outside class.
Online Discussion Board
- Students are expected to participate regularly by engaging with their classmates about weekly topics.
2 Talking about Work
4 Dreams. Ambitions, Education & careers
5 The World of Work
6 Setting up Business in Japan
7 Moving Abroad
8 Equal opportunities in employment
10 Defining your company - (Philosophy & Policy)
11 Presentation practice - Persuasion
13 Discussion？ Multiculturalism
14 Discussion - Future Plans
15 Speaking Test
|There is no textbook for this course. The teacher will provide weekly handouts and use online materials.|
|- Projects: 40% - Homework: 30% - Speaking test: 30%|
|The absence limit for this course is 3 classes.|
／Time (date and time)
／Subjects and instructor's position
／Methods and contents