OUC Library is opened to the general public. Visitors can receive most of services in the
Registration on a first visit to the Library will be required. Visitors
are allowed reading privileges upon presentation of their valid identification
such as a driver's license or a passport at the main counter on the 2nd
- Loan of materials is basically intended for local residents of Otaru who can access to the
- We offer a home delivery service for the elderly and disabled persons who are unable to visit the library. (Fees will be charged.)
- Also, we have the OUC Library's borrowing / returning service at Otaru
Station Plaza (Yume Port) located in front of JR Otaru Station.( see Station Plaza loan ) Visitors can borrow and return books of OUC library at Otaru City Library.
- For access to stacks on the 1st floor or important library collections'
room, please contact us. Arrangements to access those collections must
in all cases be made in advance.
- For the visitors wishing to use the Library for the day only, Temporary
Library card will be issued. To use the Library continuously, please follow
the procedure of issuing the Library ID Card by 15 minutes before closing;
the loan service is available.
- The application form for the Library ID card is available in two formats:
- 1. A downloadable pdf file
- 2. A printed version available at the main counter in the Library
We have a home delivery service ( see Home Delivery Loan Service ) for the elderly and disabled persons (external borrowers) who are unable
to come to the library (Fees will be charged).
- If you complete the necessary procedures on weekdays (8:00 am-5:00 pm),
you will get the ID card on the same day; otherwise the card will be available
the next business day.
- If visitors apply for the issue of ID card at Otaru Station Plaza (Yume Port), they will be informed as soon as the ID card is ready.
- The Library ID card and the certificate are valid until the end of the
fiscal year (the end of March); visitors wishing to continue to use the
Library should follow the renewal procedure in every year.
- Loan periods vary according to your status. Please click here for a summary
of the Library circulation policies.
- We accept the application via the phone, FAX or e-mail. Please complete and send an Application form to us accompanied by a photocopy of your identification. The Deputy application is also acceptable.
- Application forms for the Library ID card are downloadable from here.
- if you are not a local resident of Otaru area, you may use Inter-Library Loan (ILL) service of your nearby public library.